A Quadcopter looks like a helicopter that has four arms and every arm of the copter has a motor and propeller with it. Their working is almost similar to that of helicopters, the only difference is that lift and thrust of quadcopters come from the four propellers while that of the helicopter only from one propeller. Quadcopters are basically of two types: Indoor quadcopters and Outdoor quadcopters. Indoor quadcopters are efficient in capturing the indoor pictures, movies and much more. Outdoor quadcopters are used to capture the outdoor pictures so efficiently like that of soccer games, outdoor parties, cricket games, etc.
Why are Drones/Quadcopters so popular?
With the development in the field of science, man has developed various devices to make life easier and full of fun. The drone is one of such innovation. Earlier drones were used to be a heavy piece of architecture due to the large size of battery used, but, with development in the field of batteries drones today are lighter and have a compact size. Unlike today, earlier drones were only used for scientific and military purposes, but, today they are being used for the commercial and personal purpose as well. Also in the last few years, the prices of drones have decreased, and best quadcopters are available in affordable price.
With changes in the laws and commercialization of unmanned aerial vehicles now a day’s quadcopters have various usage. The quadcopters are used in photography, delivery purpose, filmmaking, tracking objects or just for fun's sake too. The cheaper quadcopters have made life easier and enjoyable for many. For example, delivery of a pizza by quadcopters, high elevation picture, tracking a wildlife animal use of quadcopters can easily do all these. Whereas for indoors, they can be used for security checks at the offices and home as they have high-resolution cameras giving a bright field.
How to buy a quadcopter according to people’s personality and use?
When I first bought my Quadcopter, I had no idea of how to choose a Quadcopter that suits me and my requirement. I ended up making a wrong choice. I will not say it was a wrong decision because it gave me an experience. The other time, when I went to buy a Quadcopter, I asked three questions to myself.
Why do I want this Quadcopter? Is there any rumor in the market about this product? Can I afford this technology?
When I answered all these questions to myself, I realized I was now evident with the choice of my Quadcopter.
Suppose, you need a quadcopter just because you love to see what’s going there in your neighborhood. A lightweight, tough, pocket-friendly quadcopter will be the best option for you to own.
If you are a filmmaker, then the best quadcopter for you is the one which has a good battery backup, good video camera, lightweight, and can create a high-quality aerial clip.
Other factors to consider before buying a Quadcopter are Durability, maintenance, battery life, range and camera quality.
More products at Best Top 10 Good Quadcopters Reviews
Let’s Review 5 Best Indoor Quadcopters
1. Horizon Hobby Blade Nano QX RTF Quadcopter
Horizon Blade Nano QX RTF is a small device that you can take anywhere you go. It weighs 1/32th of a pound and is not capable of flying in the area more than an office cubicle. It has been manufactured using safe technology this Quadcopter is available at a very reasonable price.
- Made with safe technology
- Able to fly in a small area
- Providing powerful and smooth lift with the help of brushed motors
- Comprised of green and yellow canopies
- Contains USB battery charger
- The lightweight airframe has blade guards
- Extra battery and spare battery charging in the pack
- It is fun and responsive
- Very easy to control
- Extra blade and canopy
- It has a short battery life (nearly 8 min)
- It is sensitive to the wind
- The range is limited when you fly outside
2. UDI U818A-HD 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 AXIS Headless RC Quadcopter
This quadcopter is an ideal buy for beginners. It is easy to use. The battery of the device needs to be charged first. It takes approx. 30 minutes charging time and is equipped with six gyroscopes. It is controllable by remote and performs functions like flips, capturing photos, and capturing videos.
- It consists of a camera that is forward facing
- It has a one-touch home function that is used to take back the drone immediately
- Resistant to wind with the help of six gyroscopes
- It has a transistor that aware when the battery goes down
- Its flight duration is around 8 minutes
- It has a good flight performance
- It is stabled in the wind
- Can have 360-degree inversion flip
- It is durable and survives small crashes
- The size of the controller is exactly for adult hands
- Short flight time (Approx. 9 min.)
- Motor failure issues
- No GPS
3. DBPOWER MJX X400W FPV Drone
This quadcopter comes in a ready to fly state i.e. one does not need to weld it at all. It has an FPV real time transmission and gets easily connected to your phone. Its body is made in such a way that it is resistant to crashes that occur during flights.
- It creates the video at about 30fps.
- It consists of a single battery, 3.7V 750mAh that takes around 2 hours to get fully charged. The battery usually drains from 8 to 9 minutes
- The device is controlled by TX Transmitter and an app controller
- Its flight controller range is 100 meters, and the highest flight speed is 5mPh
- Can move fast
- High capacity battery
- Fairly good camera
- The FPV and VR feature makes it user-friendly
- Not very stable
- Easily blown away by the wind
4. Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider
This drone is controlled with the help of the smartphone. Its loose wheel helps it to run from floor to ceiling to the walls. It can flip at 360 degrees just by a click of your finger.
- It has a range of up to 20 meters.
- It can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth
- It is robust and designed with a plastic structure
- It weighs around 55grams
- Easily controlled by smartphones
- Very stable in flights
- Wheels attached that protect propellers during a crash
- Low flight time
- No extra propellers or charger in box
5. UDI U845 WiFi FPV Drone with HD Camera - Includes BONUS BATTERY
This simple and easy Hexcopter comes with an extra battery so as to double your flight time. It can be connected to the smartphone for its functioning.
- It is connected with android or ios with the help of wi-fi real-time video transmission.
- It consists of an extra battery
- It has a headless mode, making the flight easier
- Charging of battery takes around 2 hours
- WiFi FPV
- Gives Real-time Video Transmission right on your smartphone
- Can be connected to phone via DBPower app
- Bad design
Let’s Review 5 Best Outdoor Quadcopters
1. Holy Stone X300C FPV RC Quadcopter Drone with Wifi Camera
This quadcopter has powerful and responsive motors and able to perform FVP real-time video transmission. It consists of a headless mode and it comes with two USB charger and two 3.7V batteries.
- Real time transmission for Android and Ios
- One key return function
- More powerful and stable
- Makes 3d actions compact
- Equipped with a 6 gyro control system
- The FPV RC comes with three flying modes.
- Easy to fly and control
- Easy to setup camera
- Low flight time
2. Hubsan H501S X4 4 Channel GPS Altitude Mode 5.8GHz Transmitter
This device consists of an HD camera and FPV transmitter that has a 5.8 GHz video transmission. It contains a Lipo battery, a charger and Hubsan FPV1, FPV2 or H7000 Transmitter along with H501s brushless quadcopter. It is an amazing quadcopter that takes you into FPV flight.
- It weighs around 3.6 pounds
- It consists of brushless motors: KV1650 PM1806 x4 ESC, 12A x4, ESC, and 12A x4 1080P HD camera
- Battery gets charged within 150 minutes
- Duration of flight is approximately 19 minutes
- Powerful GPS system
- Very durable
- Flight time above average (approx. 20 min)
- Sometimes the altitude of the quadcopter drops when you increase the speed.
3. Syma Toys X5C-1 Explorers 4 CH Remote Control Quadcopter
It is an optical quadcopter for the beginners as it is very easy to fly and consists of an HD camera. This quadcopter comes with a 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery, and lots of great benefits.
- It weighs around 2 pounds
- It has a great and stable performance in the air with 7mm coreless motors
- 2MP camera which is efficient by capturing 720 p videos
- It has a small LCD screen that displays information like battery level, throttle level, etc.
4. Holy Stone X401H-V2 RC Drone with Camera Live Video Wifi FPV Quadcopter
This quadcopter is based on altitude hold technology so as to capture the video and pictures of high quality. It is controlled by a smartphone and has a one key return function. It is a great quad to fly and have fun.
- It performs live streaming by pairing drone with Android or iOS
- Controllable by the app
- The Drone can be taken off just by one button
- Consists of Led navigation lights
- Good Wi-Fi connectivity
- The app is good to use
- Easy to fly
- Does flips
- Less flight time
- Need extra standard batteries
5. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
This quadcopter can be handled easily. It lets you fly with confidence and freedom. It has a built-in GPS that records the takeoff point. A fun quadcopter for the hobbyist. It remains stable throughout its flight duration.
- Weighs around 1216grams.
- It has a capable camera of 12M
- It has a fully integrated remote control
- Automatic flight assistant
- Excellent image quality
- Good video quality
- The app of DJI is easy to use
- High price
Now you might be thinking about key features of drone, so let's have a look at that.
Few important features are:
1. High dimensional stability
2. Good vibration damping strength.
3. Lightweight but robust and strong physical strength
.4. Carbon fiber is used to make the frame of its main component. These components are used in aerospace industries but nowadays are used for manufacturing drones.
5. Equipped with an embedded system.
6. Resistant to the bad weather.
7. Covers a wide range of area in less time.
8. Captures high-quality pictures...
After knowing, lots of exciting features lets have a look on few specification offered by drone.
1. The weight of the drone will be around 0.5 Kg only
2. It operates on Lithium polymer battery of 5200 mAh and 14.8 Vdc
3. If you talk about the app, then latest drone will work on not later that Android 4.3 or iOS 8.0
4. The frequency on which drone generally works is around 2.4 GHz
5. The main source of communication is WiFi network6. It can also work on autopilot called Pixhawk 2
7. Maximum payload which can be handled by a drone is around 420 g
8. Last but not the least, streaming video quality of the drone will be 720p, so you can imagine that you are going to capture wonderful videos.
The list comprises of the best quadcopters. But, the one that tops the list is DBPOWER UDI U845. This is the best indoor quadcopter that has achieved real-time FPV by connecting with a smartphone. The drone is easy and fun to fly. It comes with a bonus battery. The 360-degree flips function ensures your fly is at ease and controllable. Best feature about drones is that you can capture the entire image of the area from a desirable height and for doing this thing you need not go to that place, just control the drone via remote control and your job is done.
There are places which use the drone in the case of accidents so that they can end up the search operation with accurate results. In the case of natural calamity also drones are very useful as you can estimate the condition of the area by capturing relevant images with the help of Drone. This intelligent flight system can travel with a maximum speed of 72 Kmph and can avoid obstacles on its own. Because of all these features, it is considered the best device of the time. I guess this is one of the best devices which can be used to solve some problems of your life. I take it you should try it once and experience the difference.