Don’t you agree with me that a baby swing is one of the essentials that a person needs to have in the car or a nursery? I have heard a lot of people saying that they are having difficulties shopping for the best baby swing. This is because of the many best swing products in the market.
Do not worry because here at Online Shopping Guild we have the solution to your shopping problem. We will give you some tips which will be helpful when going shopping for the baby gear.
1. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing with Smart Swing Technology
Fisher-price is a common name when it comes to baby gear. Fisher-price, therefore, has a brand called snugabunny cradle and swing. The good thing about this snugabunny swing is that it has a smart swing technology. This best swing allows you to sense your baby’s weight and makes it possible to adjust the speed accordingly.
Another feature about Snugabunny swing is that it can move without pushing it. Another feature which I found interesting is that snugabunny cradle has two power options. The feature is that it allows you to use D size batteries. This is very helpful especially when you are traveling. The second option usually involves plugging in the Snugabunny swing into the power socket. It can be done when in the house or a friend’s house. Its adapter is typically 120 volts.
2. Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing, Affinia
Graco is another established name in baby products. Its products are believed to be of high quality. The most surprising and unusual feature about glider Lx is its combat design. Glider lx is designed in a way that it occupies 40% o less space compared to other models.Therefore, if you have less space in your house or car; this is the best baby swing for you.
Don’t worry about the size of lx gliding swing because it can accommodate your child comfortably. The plush cover allows you to put your little one in three different positions that will make him/her comfortable. It also ensures that your baby is safe in whichever position he/she is sitting. Can you imagine that glider lx swing has six different gliding speeds? It ensures that there is always the right gear for your baby to suit his/her age. From this feature, this type of baby swing can be used for an extended period of time.
Another great feature which glider lx baby swing has is two different vibration speeds which help soothe the baby to sleep. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Do you that this baby swing has inbuilt music with over ten melodies and five nature songs which will amuse your child and keep him/her happy?
3. Fisher Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle and Swing
It is one of the best baby swings available in the market and is worth checking out. The most unusual feature which my little snugapuppy swing has is that it can sense the baby’s weight. As a result, it can adjust the speed of the baby swing.
The swing is also able to move by itself without the need of pushing it. My little snugapuppy cradle is suitable for both indoors and outdoors. So it can use four size D batteries which can be suitable for traveling. The reason why I am saying that this baby swing is suitable for indoor which has a 120 volt Ac adapter that can be plugged into a wall socket. Hope you are seeing how this type of baby swing is very flexible.
From the above features, there is no doubt why fish-price my little snugapuppy swing is the best baby swing in the year 2016.
4. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing, Starlight
Most fisher-price baby swings focus on smart swing technology. Fisher-price Papasan mostly focuses on simplicity. It is, therefore, different from other types of fisher-price baby swings.
Its music player has eight different songs and also has other tunes. Papasan cradle mostly focuses on entertaining the baby because it has three colorful butterflies that seemingly fly up and down. It is like they are revolving around him/her when the baby swing is turned on.
Papasan cradle also has a mobile phone attached to it. The last feature which Papasan baby swing has is the nifty projector. This projector projects the light around the baby swing thus making him amused.
It is evident that from the above features, Papasan baby swing cradle focuses mostly on entertaining the baby.
5. Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker, Winslet
Grapco DuetSoothe baby swing has three sitting position, one of which involves gently rocking the baby back and forth or side to side. This type of baby swing usually has two vibration speeds which help soothe the baby. Do not forget about the six swinging speeds. Out of the six moving speed, you cannot miss a speed that is suitable for your child depending on his/her age.
Grapco DuetSoothe swing and rocker Winslet provides a smooth and relaxing sensation to your baby with the ten melodies and five nature sounds. This type of baby swing allows you to remove the seat from the swing and can be used as a rocker. This feature benefits both the child and the parent.
It has a movable handle which allows you to carry the baby around the house. The Duetsoothe Swing has two power options. One is the use of battery and the other one is the use of electricity.
This baby swing usually has a mobile phone which has three soft toys which entertain the baby. You can believe that the most enjoyable days are the ones spent with a kid. Grapco DuetSoothe swing and rocker Winslet baby swing allows you to carry the baby flexibly without any strain. The baby swing can be used as a rocker and also gives you the flexibility to move in around the house with the baby while making him comfortable and close by.
In conclusion, Grapco DuetSoothe swing has all the features that will make the baby happy, comfortable and safe. It is also convenient for the parent because the baby is always nearby.
6. Fisher-Price Moonlight Meadow Cradle 'n Swing
Imagine soothing your baby side to side or head to toe. Well, this can be made a reality by purchasing light field swing. It is a product of fisher-price which is a very familiar brand when it comes to buying baby products.
This type of fisher-price swing has a smart swing technology. The first feature it has is the six swing speeds. Each gear is meant for a different baby age. It will, therefore, be used for a longer period thus cost effective.
Imagine by just pressing a button, and you change the swinging motion of the swing and also turn the seat.
Moonlight Meadow swing helps soothe the baby with 16 songs, nature sounds and not forgetting the three animal friends that dance overhead. It will keep the baby entertained.
This swing also has a washable padded seat which makes it suitable for infants and small babies. The good thing about this type of fisher-price swing is that it is so much portable as it legs can be folded.
Imagine purchasing a baby swing that is portable from one room to the other. Well, fisher-price meadow swing is the best choice.
7. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing, Butterfly Garden
It is a very comfortable seat that offers your baby support and also cradles front to back and side to side. Papasan cradle swing Butterfly Garden has butterflies which fly over the baby thus providing entertainment for the child.
It has lullabies that soothe the baby into the dreamland. One feature that I always love about this type of baby swing is the projector it has which projects magical lights in the room. It offers an enchanting and calm atmosphere.
Papasan cradle swing Butterfly Garden swing helps in ensuring that your baby is comfortable and entertained all day by having a plugin option which helps save the battery. Wow! Imagine being able to use the battery for the baby swing while traveling and also being able to use a plug-in the adapter when in the house or at a friend’s place.
Buyer’s Guide On Baby Swing
Before we go any further, it will be good we understand what the term baby swings mean. A baby swing is simply a chair-like contraption in which you can place your child in to relax for a while. Most parents love baby swings because it allows them to do chores knowing that their child is very safe. Another reason why most parents consider buying baby swings is that the baby will be comfortable when seated. Most baby swings also have songs which will entertain the baby and keep him/her busy.
Most cases, the baby swing, are often compared to a baby carrier which is quite expensive. It is another reason why most parents prefer baby swings.
Each parent wants to kid his/her baby safe, comfortable and happy. Baby swings can provide all these three wishes in just one sitting.
The Advantages Of Having A Baby Swing
- Comfort: This is the benefit of having a baby swing. It enables your child to be in a good position to nap or only rest. Some models of baby swings have advanced to the point of making your child cozy. It gives you the platform to leave your child for a while to attend to chores.
- Entertainment: There is nobody in this world who would dare say that he/she doesn’t love entertainment. It includes kids. Most baby swings have features that will keep your little one entertained while you are busy working. Most of the baby swings have inbuilt music which keeps the baby entertained. Some swings have free toys which the kids can play with. Lastly, some models have vibrating features which soothe the baby to sleep or to relax.
- Cuddling: I am confident that you will support me when I say that there is no better substitute for cuddling your baby in your arms other than the baby swing. The main reason why parents use baby swings is to place their children down for a while as they attend to something else.
Types Of Baby Swings
There are three types of baby swings which have different functions. The best baby swings usually fall on any of the three categories. The three types of baby swings include:
- Full-sized model
- Compact swing
- Hybrid swings
A full sized model swing is meant to be put in a certain location and be left there. They usually have a large fold out legs for stability. Full-sized model baby swing is mostly suitable for families that have a lot of space to spare.
Full-sized model is usually large, and therefore they can accommodate a child until he/she reaches 30 pounds. Isn’t this cost effective? This type of baby swing also has a unique feature which is used to entertain the baby. They include music and vibrating pads. Vibrating pads can also be used to soothe babies to sleep. I usually hope that the best baby swings fall into this category because it has some amazing features.
It is smaller than other types of baby swings. It is therefore very easy to transport from one place to another. One advantage about combat swing is that it can only accommodate a small child who is less than 25 pounds.
It is possible to fold this baby swing to enable better portability. It is, therefore, better for going to the parks and also for visiting friends and relatives.
Even though it is small and portable, it sits lower on the ground. Your baby can be disturbed by other siblings or even pets.
As the name suggests, it is a combination of swingers, gliders, and bouncers. This type of baby swing saves you a lot of money because there is no need to buy three products as it stands for all. The swinger is so small even though it tries to accommodate three functions. It is a bit heavier and also costs quite a lot compared to normal baby swings.
The Main Features To Look For When Purchasing A Baby Swing
It is true that there are many models of baby swings that are available in the market. These models have different features, but all baby swings have some standard features. They include the following:
- Power source: Most baby swings run on batteries. However, there are some baby swings which use adapters to plug in wall sockets for continuous power. The question which most people ask is which model I should choose? I will only answer your question with another question, how often do you plan to you the baby swing? If you do not intend to use the baby swing often, a battery baby swing will be ideal for you use. They are quite expensive when compared to Ac powered models. On the other hand, Ac powered models are for those who will use baby swings quite often.
- Sitting positions: It is a must that the child is comfortable when in the baby swing or otherwise he/she will cry a lot. Always put them in a reclining position that keeps their heads straight. Note that nothing should cover their airways if you want them to be comfortable. It is, therefore, advisable to pick a baby swing that offers at least two sitting positions to cover the above requirements.
- Speed and movement: The speeds at which a baby swing will move entirely depend on the age of the child. Newborn babies and infants usually require the slowest speed available. The rate increases as the child grow older. Young children prefer to be rocked on a side to side movement. Older children are very comfortable being rolled forward and backward. The right thing with the latest models is that they come with two different motion settings. It all depends on the age of your baby.
- Entertainment: Who doesn’t love being entertained? Baby swings have inbuilt music players who entertain the baby. They usually have several tunes. Parents are advised to listen to these songs before purchasing a baby swing because they most likely know which tunes their baby love. It is also advisable to look for models that have toy bar attached to them. The toys will serve two purposes, having fun and also stimulating the baby’s senses.
- Portable and easy to use - Most baby swings can be folded to enable easy transportation. Never forget to check the locks after unfolding the baby swing after unfolding it. Do this every time before you place your child on the swing. Do not go for baby swings which are very hard to use to the point that it can hurt your baby instead of keeping him safe.
Safety is the priority of the parents to the children. Your child will be using the baby swing quite often than you think. It is, therefore, crucial to consider the following when going for shopping to purchase baby swings:
- The frame of the baby swing: Ensure that the frame does not show any sign of bending. Also, check that the sing locks are placed properly when assembling or unfolding the baby swing.
- The weight of your baby: Most baby swings can take up to the weight of 30 pounds. Always check the package of the baby swing to test the weight limit so that it does not cause injuries to your child.
- Materials used in the swing: Look for materials that are resistant to things like fire. It is important to inquire on materials that do not have harmful chemicals such as bisphenol. It is to keep the baby safe.
- Attachment of the toys: Always ensures that you choose models that have toys firmly attached to them. It will prevent the child from hurting himself with the toy. The cords attached to the toys should be placed at an angle that will not entangle the baby.
- Straps and buckles: Ensure that the straps are secure and that they will not easily unravel when the baby swing is being used by the child. Kindly inspect the harness used to ensure the child on the swing.
Before purchasing any baby swing, it is important to ask yourself the reason why you want to buy a baby swing. You should buy a baby shower which has features that you think will serve your intended purpose.
Secondly, it is important to work on your budget. Always purchase the best baby swing which you can afford comfortable. All that matters first is the safety of your child.